FINALLY. I just bought my first Banshee!

I just picked up my first Banshee. I saw it at a storage auction. Swooped it up for $1,200.

The good: The quad already has some mods. Big ass chrome pipes and what is obviously a cnc alloy head. Has a Wiesco piston sticker on the side. Who knows what's in it.

the bad: Some meth head has been picking at it. Missing random bolts here and there. One(1) entire carb is missing along with what looks like most of a 3rd party twist throttle.

I just went on Fleabay and found a set of carbs.... $500.00. I think I just learned my first lesson in Banshee Parts. 

Do I have any other options?

Edited by Tight_Bolt_Hole

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

You shouldnt be paying more than $150 for a nice pair of stock carbs. Keihin 28mm PWK are one of the best upgrades imo. If you go that way make sure theyre genuine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-2006-YAMAHA-Banshee-atv-carbs-carburetors-TORS-26mm-Factory-OEM-stock/290836951114?epid=3014390547&hash=item43b73bb04a:g:GekAAOSwYHxWFX6z

I need most of the stuff shown in the photo. The bike only has the one carb and the single throttle cable. I'll take some photos today. I was too busy to mess with it when I got home yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, Tight_Bolt_Hole said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-2006-YAMAHA-Banshee-atv-carbs-carburetors-TORS-26mm-Factory-OEM-stock/290836951114?epid=3014390547&hash=item43b73bb04a:g:GekAAOSwYHxWFX6z

I need most of the stuff shown in the photo. The bike only has the one carb and the single throttle cable. I'll take some photos today. I was too busy to mess with it when I got home yesterday. 

Most important thing anyone can tell you, never ever, ever, under any circumstances, buy anything from that seller. He sells cheap junk and uses bait and switch marketing. Dont believe me, google "Rattle Can Ray", thats who youre buying from. He owns Vitos which is also cheap junk. Get a hold of West Coast ATV Parts. They sell quality new and used parts at great prices.

Edited by 97Screamer

23 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

Most important thing anyone can tell you, never ever, ever, under any circumstances, buy anything from that seller. He sells cheap junk and uses bait and switch marketing. Dont believe me, google "Rattle Can Ray", thats who youre buying from. He owns Vitos which is also cheap junk. Get a hold of West Coast ATV Parts. They sell quality new and used parts at great prices.

I googled "rattle can ray banshee". Dude, what a tool that guy is.

I also googled up that carb recommendation. Is this the correct carb? 

https://www.amazon.com/Keihin-016-144-PWK-28mm-Carburetor/dp/B00C178IYK