AC to DC stator

Hi Everyone, 

Pretty new here, but love the forum. Have been following the discussions for years as a ''guest'' . 

I have a question in regards to stator mods. I know the AC to DC has been discussed before, but I need some more in detailed info. I like to have a really clear understanding before I take on a task of this nature. I am pretty confident when it comes to electrical/electronic circuits. Just need guidance. 

Firstly, the stator mod is self, is fairly easy. That I will do no problem. 

Where I need more guidance is, Further upstream, who does the wiring need to change? Voltage regulator still needed? To what pins will the stator be wired on the rectifier? Any proven drawings available? Where does move the earths for the lights etc?

What batteries have you guys used and where have you mounted them? 

I want to make a in-depth PDF guidance book for my year model banshee after I have done the mod successfully. 

2006 model

Ive done it. Follow the directions on JL Engineerings website, they are the best ive found. Also, i recommend his battery pack, fits nice and its out of the way.

Dont buy lights exceeding 70 watts, i have two lights with 18 watts each and they are very bright.

Also, if you dont feel comfortable doing the mod, JL will do the conversion for you.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, 
Pretty new here, but love the forum. Have been following the discussions for years as a ''guest'' . 
I have a question in regards to stator mods. I know the AC to DC has been discussed before, but I need some more in detailed info. I like to have a really clear understanding before I take on a task of this nature. I am pretty confident when it comes to electrical/electronic circuits. Just need guidance. 
Firstly, the stator mod is self, is fairly easy. That I will do no problem. 
Where I need more guidance is, Further upstream, who does the wiring need to change? Voltage regulator still needed? To what pins will the stator be wired on the rectifier? Any proven drawings available? Where does move the earths for the lights etc?
What batteries have you guys used and where have you mounted them? 
I want to make a in-depth PDF guidance book for my year model banshee after I have done the mod successfully. 
2006 model
So the "hardest" part is the stator mod... ;-)

What are you really doing?? It's simple, you are separating the "fire/coil" voltage from the "accessories" voltage.

If you look at your stator, you got 2 kind of wire gauge, one for the acessories and one for the coil.

By separating, it mean that you seprate the common ground.

The "fire" stay grounded on the engine/frame and you "float" the accessorie ground by putting it in a ac/dc regulator/rectifier, wich is not grounded at all.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk