What jetting should I use (tried everything and wont work)

Jared23x

Stock bore, vf3 reeds, 20cc domes at 170psi, pod filters no airbox, +4 timing, stock carbs, i have a port but don't know what kind and it doesn't look to aggressive, 1900 ft elevation, and Toomey t5 pipes. I am running 30 pilots and it still feels a little lean. It revs fine in neutral, but bogs hard when taking off unless you are balls to the wall. Ive tried all needle positions, 25 and 30 pilots, 280, 300, 320, and 340 mains. I cant seem to figure anything out. Carbs are completely cleaned and synced and I have no air leak. I rebuilt the whole motor because of this problem and it still was not fixed. I have 800 into a new motor and want to ride so plz help. thanks

Since you are  lean down low, have you turned the air screws all the way in on  the carb?  That should yield a better result.  If the machine still bogs then your pilot jet is too lean.  Since you have stock carbs I am not even sure if they make a #35 pilot jets for those.  I recall the OEM specific crabs have a different style pilot yet then if you purchased a non OEM carb.  The style pilot jet on my 28's is different than what is on a 26. Chris

Edited by Yaxy

Ya ive tried all air screw positions. Nothing seems to work. Could i be really rich and thats why its bogging. Idk how that works, but i wouldent think that you could be dumping so much fuel though the pilot jet to make a rich bog, but then I also don't see why i would need to go up to a 32.5 pilot if I am still lean. Do people use 32.5’s or is that uncommon?