What do i need to build a 4 mil

Clownboy

5 years ago i built a yfz banshee hybrid and when i built it i fabricated the frame around my pipes instead of cutting the pipes. Im running Vitos fat bastards on a stock bore with mikuni tm 28mm carbs v force 3 reeds cool head with 21cc domes hot rod crank only 30 hrs old stock length. Im finding that im not impressed with the power im getting from the motor and im sure its becasue the pipes are to big for the setup. So my options are to either go 4mil or have LED performance custom make me a set of tuned pipes. Just curious what i can do with what i have. Whats my best bang for the buck.  

13 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

I'd do that 1st, just tell porter what your pipe/ situation is & go from there

You say stock bore are they yamaha cylinders?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yeah there stock yamaha cylinders. Ive got a broken exhaust spring tab on one of them. The more i think about it i really might just drop some dough and do a cheetah cub and go balls out ;) 

23 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

What type of riding?
Still gotta consider pipes

I ride trails and sand pits alot. I ride pretty aggressive though. Like a possessed nut lol. I have the Vitos fat bastard pipes which already fit perfectly and im told they come alive on a 4mil. 

Cubs are a top end cylinder ( light switch top rpm power band) cp makes a non drag top end now serval cub mid to top rpm ) that would probably be a better fit for the pipe, or contact driveline & see if it'll work for there set up. they offer a high port ( cub style) and a low port ( serval style)

Honestly, i think you be impressed ( especially for the $) to just get it ported ( & have them repair the hoop) . Just find some body that will do a good port for that pipe. Just tell them what you do/ want & the situation of the reason you need to stick with that pipe

23 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

Honestly, i think you be impressed ( especially for the $) to just get it ported ( & have them repair the hoop) . Just find some body that will do a good port for that pipe. Just tell them what you do/ want & the situation of the reason you need to stick with that pipe

Thanks for the advice. I did a little research and your right the porting is much cheaper than going 4 mil. I was looking on Redlines site and they have a play port 200 for the pair or dune port 400 for the pair. Do you think the dune port would be the better option with these vitos pipes?  

You'll have to ask cam...or who ever you choose for port work.

I think those are dated & not popular pipes, but starting from scratch & knowing what pipes, they could complement the pipes as much as there ability allows. Will it be the perfect combo...no but porting on its own can make a large hp gain. And losing 5-10 on pipes , you wont feel by the seat of the pants.