bent frame?

caleb90

So i picked up an 05 with title, ive been out of the game for years. this winter im tearing it down to pc the frame due to rust forming from it sitting out side. the right lower control arm has a good 1in long dent right smack dab in the middle of it on the back side like it rolled backwards into some thing. since im not an expert on these any more and the frame in these having multiple bends from the factory i felt like i should ask you guys. let me knowf863d3e35cbaa3e9b6f877ea86e50966.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The non-symetrical bend in the cradle is the way it comes from the factory.  Your control arm might be bent and cause the wheels to lean differently, or it might pull to one direction. I've never found frame measurements to see if the frame is bent, I make sure my control arms are not bent, and then check the camber of the front wheels to be close to even and go from there.

through some facebook creeping i was able to locate original owner, my wife said it was creepy i said you dont understand. i can tell it has done a fair amount of sitting so i figured he would be my best bet. any who he bought it new, didnt ride it much but when he did it was at glamis. he floped it and bent oem handle bars other than that he didnt recall any thing bad. so today i took front plastics off, no missing paint or creeses on the steering hoop. measured best i could and if anything its 1/8 difference. tank lines up good good 2in gap between tank n hoop. figure if the hoop isnt bent then i got nothing to worry about. ohh that tire on the right is a little off from a bad tie rod

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk