Any decent stators out there yet?

grantevans713

I haven't been able to find any info on ricky stators that isn't years old.... I saw Race Tech Electric makes them, but I never saw definitive reviews of them. I just put my OEM one in my trail bike. My dune bike blew up and is getting torn down for a total rebuild with parts from driveline. I have everything together finally, but now I need a stator. I did find OEM ones for like $550, is there anything else out there with a reasonable enough price I can always have a spare? Or am I stuck shelling out $1,100 for two of these things?

That's what everyone says, but i'm trying to pick two up and really don't want to shell out $1100 with the way the prices of ammo have gone. 

I did find this:

https://www.electrosport.com/products/esg870-lighting-stator-yamaha-yfz350-banshee-95-06-high-output

But I haven't been able to find any reviews on them. It does have a one year warranty, but if its junk then sending me another is useless to me and only blows up another CDI.

• 2 months later...

I have been using an ebay stator for the past year that came with a 2 year warranty as my oem stator tested good but the poles were badly corroded so i am keeping it as a spare. I had to solder the plug connections as they were just crimped. but other than that it has been flawless. Might be an option for any european members viewing this thread as getting an oem (new or used) shipped from the states can be expensive. 

-Ben

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, camatv said:

thats hillarious

states its a usa made one not a cheap china copy...

Does it really matter? I’m not concerned about where it comes from as long as it’s reliable. The price was right and the quality is good, ima run it!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:07 PM, ClaudeMachining said:

When experienced Banshee peeps said "oem" only, usually, you better listen.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

My bike, I’ll do what I want 😉

I respect the experience you guys have I’m just sharing what I have found and what has been working for me. No need for hostility...