Twisted Crank Symptoms...

Burns363R

I have a Banshee that I aquired, put new top end in and have been through the carbs 4 times.  Bike will not start without a spray of either, then i can keep it running, but it wont idle no matter how hard i try to adjust it.  partial throttle keeps it running.  The left cylinder runs all the time, the right cylinder only seems to pick up and run at higher RPM.  Spark is good on both cylinders as is compression. 

A twisted crank could explain why the right cylinder isnt seeming to fire, and also very hard to start.  My jetting is all stock.   Actually the entire bike is stock besides decking the head .020".   Compression is around 150psi in the right cylinder, and 145 in the left.

Im going to try to see if one cylinder is at TDC, if the other is at BDC, but I wanted to ask would a twisted crank cause these issues?

Im not sure how it cant be getting any fuel.  I have check/cleaned it several times.  Always clear passages.  This isnt my first 2 stroke.  But for clarification, i blow air from the back of the carb, and have air coming out the pilot jet.  If i plug the pilot jet, the air will come out the port on the front side of the carb in the bore.   So its clear.  Stock jets. I believe they are 25's. 

Wouldnt a slightly twisted crank throw the timing of the spark off on the right cylinder?   Isnt each crank lobe balanced to the piston/rod assembly. so individually they would still be balanced.  The only imbalance may be in the forward/back direction of the throws?   I havent gotten a chance to verify TDC vs BDC on the two cylinders.  

What is CS?

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried swapping left and right spark wires to see if the other cylinder fires better? They both fire on the the "on and off" stroke.

Verify no air leaks by spraying starter fluid around carbs and reeds. 

Verify no broken reeds.

Verify choke tube is between carbs.

Verify slides are synced

Veify main and pilot jets are tight

Just trying to think of simple things first. 

• Like 1