Jetting at 3,330 Ft above sea level

Garcia406

Hey guys. New to this website. I’ve tried overlooking the forums to see if someone has previously asked this question but not luck. So I’ve just moved to Montana from Cali and have noticed huge changes in my banshee. I know I must make tuning adjustments but I’m not THAT knowledgeable on what to do. As far as my motor, it’s stock. I replaced the old radiator with a new mishimoto. I’m current running my bike with the stock air box BUT I will be installing my new Vito’s clamp on k&n style pods. Can you guys please tell me what main/pilot jets. How many screw turns out? Do I need to change the needle? Also, i travel to Cali and Montana a lot. If I plan on taking my back to and from, should I just invest in Lectron carbs? 

As the elevation above sea level (0') increases, there is less oxygen per volume of air (lower density).  Typically you'll need to rejet your mains one size for every 1500'-2000' elevation difference; jet smaller when going to a higher elevation and jet larger for going to a lower elevation

Whenever you alter the amount of air flowing in or out of your motor, you'll need to rejet to compensate.  More air flowing in from a more efficient air filter will result in a leaner air/fuel ratio; more air flowing out from more efficient pipes will do the same thing; in both cases you'll need to rejet to compensate (typically larger mains and sometimes larger pilots as well, depending on the mod).

http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html