Need jetting advice for new build..

I'm looking for advice on jetting a new build. Would rather be a little fat, then lean..especially for break in.. Mods are stock stroke, 64.5 pistons, dune/play ported cylinders, cool head with 18cc domes, Mikuni 28's round slide carbs, T5 pipes, +4 timing, k&n filter, air box w/o lid..93 octane, 600ft to 1500ft elevation.......Thanks in advance

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

You will more than likely grenade that motor running 93 octane with 18cc domes.. usually anything 20cc or under requires at least 50/50 race gas / 93 depending on elevation.

Do a compression test before you even mess with jetting, if its over 150 psi you're gonna be mixing 110 and 93 into it, and if you're over 165 its straight 110 time. 

We'll I had port work done by f.a.s.t . and that's  the dome size Jeff recommend. He said I should wind up around 160 psi and be fine with 93 octane.. This is my first Banshee, so I'm just going by His advice.

Yeah.. That's what I wound up doing.. Cody got back with me and said to maybe start out with 360's and 27.5 pilots.... The biggest mains I have on hand are 340's and I only have 25's and 30's for pilots... So I'm considering putting in the 340's and 30's just for initial heat cycle...Should be ok just for that, wouldn't ya think ? And I'm actually in Ohio.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, Eric_C1 said:

You will more than likely grenade that motor running 93 octane with 18cc domes.. usually anything 20cc or under requires at least 50/50 race gas / 93 depending on elevation.

Do a compression test before you even mess with jetting, if its over 150 psi you're gonna be mixing 110 and 93 into it, and if you're over 165 its straight 110 time. 

It could be the port work... port timing... that allows this. I ran into something similar that required smaller domes than expected. 

FAST should also be able to start you off with a jetting recommendation to "tune from".