Banshee clutch main shaft

Delly

Hello guys so I just took my clutch cover off to do some work, just bought this banshee,  My question is the shaft the basket and clutch sits on suppose to have a little movement in and out and side to side?  The guy before me was just recently in there it looks like oil real clean clutch not bad new Hinson basket.  Just wanna make sure that movement is ok.  Also when the bike is in first gear if I press on the shifter it skips sounds like a chain skipping a tooth, so I have it apart and when I press in on the clutch side of the shift shaft it doesn’t do it, but there’s play there almost like I’m missing a washer or something cause when you push on the shifter lever inward and press down on the shifter it skips, it’s sliding off the star.  I bought a new modified shift shaft and star detent roller.  Any help is appreciated. Thx. 

If I push and pull on my shift shaft there is a little play there which I believe is normal, could be wrong. But if its skipping teeth I would say something is wrong. I would take it apart and refer to these videos to make sure you have everything in there correctly.

Edited by Eric_C1

Ok so I think we figured it out on the shift shaft, it looks a little worn on the end where it’s welded and on the cover there’s a pin that actually lines up with the end of the shaft and keeps that tight from moving out to far, so I have a new shaft and gonna try that, what’s happening it’s sliding out past the shift star just a hair..  so what about the play on the clutch shaft anybody have any ideas on that?  I’m thinking it’s normal but just was wondering if anybody has there clutch out and could see if there side by side play and in and out play.