Redline Racing Build

iTeach

Hello Banshee Community,

I’m sending my engine to redline for a rebuild.  However, I’m not to sure the route I should go. Whether 4mil? Etc. I would like to run pump gas, and an OEM CDI. I’m flexible on the carbs. Also reliability is my first and last priority. I go to the trails often a lot of hills, therefore low end-mid power is important. Any suggestion and advice is welcomed. Thank you. 

I was on the same fence until I did some math and compared price on going stock cyl 4 mil or using driveline Cylinder kit and I honestly Did the math I would rather just order the driveline kit and spend the extra money .Which isn’t a lot Of a difference ,if you need to port and bore and order new piston for your stock cylinder.im going to a driveline kit .For that reason i get a 421 cylinder kit for just about a bit more than reusing and restoring my stock cylinders.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:59 AM, iTeach said:

Hello Banshee Community,

I’m sending my engine to redline for a rebuild.  However, I’m not to sure the route I should go. Whether 4mil? Etc. I would like to run pump gas, and an OEM CDI. I’m flexible on the carbs. Also reliability is my first and last priority. I go to the trails often a lot of hills, therefore low end-mid power is important. Any suggestion and advice is welcomed. Thank you. 

whats ya budget 

4mm stock cylinders are more reliable than stock 

i ran one for years not an issue ... ever 

mine had CPI's and PWK33s with 155psi comp as as solid

what pipes do you have ?? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GNR101 said:

whats ya budget 

4mm stock cylinders are more reliable than stock 

i ran one for years not an issue ... ever 

mine had CPI's and PWK33s with 155psi comp as as solid

what pipes do you have ?? 

also cams good to deal with 

im currently running a 10mm serval its had cases trenched and ported by cam 

and im over in australia

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, iTeach said:

I’m running FMF’s fattys. It looks I’ll prolly go with a stock ported cylinder 4mil. But keep the opinions running!! 

as a trail or playing in the dunes a actually  preferred my FMFs over my cpis on my 4mm build... it ripped you arms off.. just didnt rev to the moon