Mixing Gas

So I was gonna take my banshee on some really long trails with my friends can am. They make stops at random gas stations that are close by to the trail as they are going. I don’t know if the stock banshee gas tank would make it down the whole ride with one full tank and I don’t wanna bring a gas can strapped to the back of the banshee either. I was thinking if it was ok to stop at the gas station with them and fill the banshee gas tank with 3 gallons of 91 straight gas and then put in 12 ounces of yamalube oil? Then shake the shit out of the banshee before even starting it? That way instead of having a 5 gallon can I can just have a backpack with some oil. Would that work? Or should I stop being a bitch and just bring my own gas can with premix gas?  

Where I ride we have to stop at gas stations and fill up.   I only need oil for a few gallons of gas so I go to a chain saw store where they sell small plastic containers of 2 stroke oil for use in your chainsaw, dump the oil and put the oil in it for my Banshee.  Put this container in a zip lock bag and carry in a back pack or a fanny bag.   Go to the gas station and put your  gas and oil in, shake the quad around for a bit and good.  I have been doing this for almost 20 years.

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...