I need help. I blew one piston and I don’t wanna do it again.

I have a 2001 banshee 

hot rods 4 mil stroker with 5 mm longer rod. fmf fattys and silencers. Nos racing cool Style head

vfroce 3 reeds

stock ported cylinders 65 mm bore Wisco 295 long rod series pistons.

(just a clean up job on the intake and exhaust ports. And the same on the cross ports. Like a stage one.)

my domes are 4 mil cut 20cc

stock carbs 

+5 degrees timing 

jetting is as follows

mains 340

pilots 25 (2 turns out)

needle 2nd from top.

im using castor 927 two stroke oil at a 32:1 ratio with 93 pump and c16 vp race fuel which is 107 octane 50/50 (So if I use 2.5 gallons 93 I use 2.5 gallons vp)

Riding in temps between 70 and 90 degrees at sea level. 

I noticed my bike was running hot. too hot the last few weeks.

slowly (very slowly) Lost coolant from the Overflow reservoir. Over a period of about 3/4 weeks it went from the full line to dry.

2 days ago, (Sunday) I was out riding and at wot I got bog and suddenly engine didn’t wanna stay running. Noticed coolant seeping through the left stud on the cool head. I wasn’t using acorn nuts and Crush washers. I was using flange nuts. 

Took the head off and the left piston is destroyed and wet with coolant.. so is the dome. It’s pitted. Right Piston was fine and so is the dome. but the wrist pins are locked into both pistons. Having a difficult time getting  em out I’m assuming from the heat.

what do you guys suggest I do when I put this back together? Lower my timing? 
Use a different size base gasket? (For squish reasons) 

Etc 

I ordered new pistons 

and I’m gonna attempt to have my dome repaired. 

my cylinders walls are smoother than a baby’s behind. So I lucked out There. 

What do you guys suggest I do To make sure this doesn’t blow up again?

I had another question to. 

Can I use a .12 base gasket? 
or would my squish be to tight?

and if I use non stroker domes, do I need a spacer plate? I ask About the non-stroker domes  just in case I can’t get My pitted dome fixed or he can’t or doesn’t want to fix it. I have an extra set of domes that ran on pump gas no problem that were off my old set up which was a wisco crank stock rod length. 

2 minutes ago, the boris said:

I'm not very experienced but I'm running 21cc domes on standard engine with 4 degrees timing advance and pushing out 135psi of compression.
I was advised by members here to leave it at 4 degrees as it would cause predeto if I go more.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Ima go down to +3 

10 hours ago, the boris said:

Also 5 degrees advance with 20cc domes Is pushing it at pump gas.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

its not just pump its mixed 50/50 with race gas.  octane isnt the problem, the pitting and stuff is from a melt down or detination from a head leak,  My guess is that you have a air leak somewhere and it sucked air on that cylinder causing it to melt down,  

• 4 weeks later...