Engine Temp and Coolant Question.

So,Yesterday I did a upgrade on my coolant system. This is the first time it has been touched. I did the Chariot Performance Billet Head and there  ultra high flow w/p impeller upgrade kit. I also bought a new OEM clutch cover gasket, kick start seal, w/p seal, w/p bearing and the coolant transfer tube o-ring. Before digging into it I completely flushed the coolant system a couple of times. So I got it all back together and refilled it with Engine Ice coolant. I started it and let it idle until it completely warmed up (hand touch on the cylinders) and added coolant if needed in both the rad and overflow bottle and checked for leaks and everything was fine. 

FAST FORWARD:  Today, I took my banshee to work with me today and after I got done work I decided to take it for a rip around the sand quarry I work at and after a few minutes of riding It was acting as if it was over heating but, It didn’t boil over and spit out the overflow hose it just felt hotter then normal. So, I took my infrared thermometer and checked both cylinders and it was reading 145* f. Before I did the billet head and water pump upgrade it never did this. The temperature outside today was in the mid 70’s with low humidity. 

Now is it possible that riding in the sand could of made it run a little hotter than normal? I have ridden here many of times before having this problem and it’s never did this before.

SORRY for the long post just wanted to explain exactly what happened. 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...