How hard should it be to kick start your banshee after sitting

New to banshees... I recently acquired a banshee And had both carbs serviced by the dealer. After sitting a week or so it takes me about 10 kicks to get it started. Is this normal. is there any tricks. I know with my xr400 there was certain ways to get it started right away. After the banshee is started it runs great ... Just a little worried about trail reliability if I stop and can’t kick it over again    (Carbs were rebuilt by Yamaha dealer )

Edited by Doom400

1 hour ago, 375hp banshees said:

You using choke?

Does it start quicker after it's warm?

Might need a larger pilot?

Yes I’m using the choke ....when it’s warm it starts first kick no choke .... I will try to start it when I’m home and see if it starts easier since it was started this mourning 

2 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

You using choke?

Does it start quicker after it's warm?

Might need a larger pilot?

Started first kick after sitting for about 6 hrs ....this mourning though horrible time starting (sitting one 1 week )

Edited by Doom400

just got this atv ... Rode it once .... After that it started leaking a lot of gas out the   overflow...and water pump was leaking in the trans .... So the dealer went through rebuilt both carbs all new parts.$$$and fixed the water pump ...so everything should be good ....(how do your guys banshees start) cold 1 kick 3!kicks ... You guys have a certain routine To starting ....or just pull choke and go crazy kicking ?

Sitting since Sunday. Just Did 4 easy kicks sitting down With choke  out ...started on the 4th (normal?)....,taking her out 2nd time this Sunday ....on actual trails ...I’m wondering how the banshee will compare to my wife’s warrior on the same black diamond trails I’ve ridden before  ( reason i installed thumb throttle) twist was sketch and I’m a dirtbike guy 

3 hours ago, JerzOutlaw350 said:

Mine usually sits for roughly a week and it takes 2-3 kicks with the choke on. When it’s been ridden and warmed up it starts on the 1st kick every time. I also shut the fuel off and idle it until the carb bowls are empty. 

Ok that seems to be like mine ...I can let my ocd rest a little ...can’t wait to ride this thing ...all the trails in my area of so cal have been closed..And I bought this banshee during this corona stuff ...so I’ve just rode it once in some orchids boring ...spent a bunch of money to fix it  and have been going crazy Staring at it ...I’ll post after I ride it ...Saturday 

Edited by Doom400

• 2 weeks later...