Left cylinder sucks

Sup guys I was riding one of my buddies land and I ran out of gas I decided to run some old ass sealed yamalube he had from like 2012 that he kept from when he had a 2 stroke but he didn’t mention it was a decade old at the moment, so I mixed away at 32:1 rode back it felt normal on the way back (about a 1 mile ride). Then my banshee started to bog out until it died and wouldn’t turn on unless given throttle or if I turned my idle screws all the way in, I swapped the spark plugs out for some new ones to no avail. When I did manage to fire it up the left cylinder just puffs and pops and the pipe to the left cylinder gets hot quickly the right cylinder is good as usual but the left cylinder is just dead feels like it has compression i don’t have a compression test I’m going based off what I feel when I put my thumb over the spark plug hole, any suggestions ? I have swapped wires, changed spark plugs, drained the fuel and threw in Klotz 32:1, cleaned my carbs, inspected Reeds. Bike is stock other than air box delete and t5’s

The oil wasn't your problem. LOL

Running a 2 stroke out of fuel is pretty hard on it.  No fuel means no lubrication.

Getting a GOOD compression tester (OTC 5606 would be a good cheaper kit)  will be better than the finger-the-hole method.

Have you taken the carbs off and cleaned the jet orifices? Could be as simple as a plugged jet.

• Thanks 1

Just did a rebuild fires right up no issues what’s so ever idle is perfect and smokes as it should be, was an air leak and running out of fuel was the last straw till the top end fried just got my banshee this March I know nothing of atv’s or 2 strokes for that matter or else I wouldn’t have asked such a silly question thanks guys!!! 

• Like 1