Banshee Driving me nuts!!

Change one thing at a time.... write down any changes corresponding to the "fix"

sometimes 1 thing is fucky, most times it is multiple things causing the hard start/rough running/stall....

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid 

KISS principle for troubleshooting and repairs...

5 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

Change one thing at a time.... write down any changes corresponding to the "fix"

sometimes 1 thing is fucky, most times it is multiple things causing the hard start/rough running/stall....

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid 

KISS principle for troubleshooting and repairs...

Oh ik and that’s what I’ve been doing is one thing at a time then checking to see if it got better or worse. One thing I found it will get past that spot if driving it on choke so that points to a fuel issue correct? 

carb issue for sure, 

check the tube between the carbs is not cracked and seated properly.

If that is it, are the slides in the correct carb? swapped side to side is BAD

have you changed the pilot to a 27.5? if not, do that, and while you have the carbs off put them in a can of carb dip overnight.

Pull them and clean every orifice with brake cleaner and blow out everything with compressed air.

I would run torch tip cleaners through main and pilot jets, just as an SOP thing for when I go through carbs...

Once assembled and back on the bike

LIGHTLY seat the air screws, then turn them out 1.5 turns as a baseline.

eyeball the "sync" before you assemble the rest of the intake, tank, fuel lines

and again at this point I would remove the petcock and flush out the tank, clean the screen filter on the petcock and put it back together....

new fuel lines and filter(s) drop tank on, prime fuel system and fire it up to see if it is fixed.... It idles and revs out good without load? Final assemble and take it for a putt....

19 minutes ago, Toybreaker said:

carb issue for sure, 

check the tube between the carbs is not cracked and seated properly.

If that is it, are the slides in the correct carb? swapped side to side is BAD

have you changed the pilot to a 27.5? if not, do that, and while you have the carbs off put them in a can of carb dip overnight.

Pull them and clean every orifice with brake cleaner and blow out everything with compressed air.

I would run torch tip cleaners through main and pilot jets, just as an SOP thing for when I go through carbs...

Once assembled and back on the bike

LIGHTLY seat the air screws, then turn them out 1.5 turns as a baseline.

eyeball the "sync" before you assemble the rest of the intake, tank, fuel lines

and again at this point I would remove the petcock and flush out the tank, clean the screen filter on the petcock and put it back together....

new fuel lines and filter(s) drop tank on, prime fuel system and fire it up to see if it is fixed.... It idles and revs out good without load? Final assemble and take it for a putt....

Tube between carbs is new and seated well.Slide are in the right carbs. Have not changed the pilots to 27.5 still waiting on them but got in 30 pilots and tried them with no difference. Have cleaned every orifice etc you could eat off them lol. Pitcock and Tank has been cleaned. Is hard to get to start but once it starts it idles and revs out fine when sitting. And takes off fine in first but once it hits that spot in every gear it won’t go past it but I rode it and pulled the choke and it will fly but if you don’t pull it, it maybe goes 25 max in high gear. It did have 28 mains and 25 pilots changed them to 29 main and 30 pilots while I wait on the others but which those didn’t change it. Appreciate you trying to help me figure it out.

• Like 1