Banshee Driving me nuts!!

Okay I just rebuilt my engine New crank,New pistons etc. Installed Vforce 4 reeds and timing +4 it also has fmf gold series which where on it before rebuild. Is idling fine and runs fine until it get to a certain spot and just won’t go any faster  it’s no where near as fast as it was. I’ve tried making less and more rich with no change,Gave it more and less air and still no change. Carbs are so clean you could eat off them. I’m at a loss onto what to try. Could I need to rejet my carb because of the reeds or is it something else. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks 

18 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Slides in the correct carbs? Bowls on the correct carbs?

Slides don’t have a certain carb they mate with do they? I’m for certain I have them in right in that carb their in thought it only matters if their in right in the carbs. 

Ok

read this,

and next

read this again

After you understand this buy 260-320 mains (if you have the jets great) 27.5-32.5 pilots

Get a longer aftermarket needle set (i like the toomey needles)

I have a similar set up to yours, My bike likes 280 main 27.5 pilot with the needle 2 slots from the tip.

Buy 10 sets of plugs. change jets to your "baseline" and do a plug chop. post pictures of the resulting plug for review (and the inevitable peanut gallery comments)

5 minutes ago, Toybreaker said:

Ok

read this,

and next

read this again

After you understand this buy 260-320 mains (if you have the jets great) 27.5-32.5 pilots

I have a similar set up to yours, My bike likes 280 main 27.5 pilot with the needle 2 slots from the tip.

Buy 10 sets of plugs. change jets to your "baseline" and do a plug chop. post pictures of the resulting plug for review (and the inevitable peanut gallery comments)

Okay thanks for the info will let ya know what happens 

7 minutes ago, Toybreaker said:

Ok

read this,

and next

read this again

Beat place to order the pilots?

• 2 weeks later...