Fuel leak won’t stop!! 🤬

I don’t know what else to do. I put brand new float needles and seats in, new gaskets, floats are in fact floating, and set to the max tolerance (22mm) and it’s still leaking fuel out the overflow tube. What else is there? 

When you take the carburettors off, take the bowl off, hold your float all the way up with finger and try to blow air trough fuel inlet to see if air is passing through.
Maybe you installed something incorrectly, check everything one more time

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Keno said:

Have you tried tapping the carbs to see if the float is just stuck after rebuild? Is this happening on both or just 1 carb?

I have tried that. It’s not a fast leak like a float is stuck. It’s a slow leak that drips very consistently like something doesn’t quite seal up correctly. It is just in the right side carb. 

38 minutes ago, Doc-Magic said:

Take a Q-tip put one end in your drill and put some fine metal grinding compound on the tip (I used valve lapping compound laying around). Carefully insert into your needle valve seat and polish. Should do the trick. Good Luck

Do this.   I've done this with just the q-tip and drill and it worked well.

1 hour ago, Doc-Magic said:

Take a Q-tip put one end in your drill and put some fine metal grinding compound on the tip (I used valve lapping compound laying around). Carefully insert into your needle valve seat and polish. Should do the trick. Good Luck

I’ll give this a try. Would metal polish work? I have some of that. If I’m going to take it apart again I’ll switch the needle seats around and see if the other one starts leaking instead. And to answer ‘Sheego, it has all new fuel lines. 

1 minute ago, sandman101 said:

I’ll give this a try. Would metal polish work? I have some of that. If I’m going to take it apart again I’ll switch the needle seats around and see if the other one starts leaking instead. And to answer ‘Sheego, it has all new fuel lines. 

That will work fine. 

• Like 1