Help motor troubles

My 2001 Rm125 is having issues and I don't know what to do. It was slipping in and out of the powerband before I rebuilt it. So I rebuilt it with all New OEM stuff. Put a new govenor in it and still has the same issue but worse. Now right when it's suppose to get into the powerband it just kinda is stuck right before it. My clutch was creeping a little when in gear but not much. And after the rebuild my bike is running alot richer as far as how much smoke is coming out of the pipe. I really don't want to dump much more money into this thing. But I have a clutch kit coming. Could this all be a wiring issue or something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the boris said:

Did you check your wiring, tested it with multimeter?

Checked for air leaks, ripped apart whole carburettor and cleaned it, rebuilt it, made sure reed valve is good?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reeds are solid. No air leaks I will be taking carb apart tonight. How do I test the wiring I have a nice mulit meter but I have never tested wiring before

• Like 1

You would need service repair manual, with wiring diagrams and all the values for:
- stator voltage and resistance
- ignition coil resistance
- pick up coil resistance
I probably missed something as I'm far from being expert in all this stuff, but this should give you some starting point.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1