New build 421, mostly drags

On 5/14/2020 at 4:11 PM, Sandmaniac said:

I have one of his pipes on my ATC370R and it works extremely well with the port timing the cylinder has...

Both my friends have those Roberts pipes Rob Selby built the motors Kenny built the pipes one is a 365cc CC  86 tecate utilizing a custom-built  KX cylinder with a drag pipe.

The other friend has has custom Selvy built ESR   380cc... I believe Rob said it was the biggest motor he's built pretty sure one of his fastest. Engine took 3 revisions and 3 years...lol🙄 the Tecate took 4 years... Both running really well with K. Roberts pipes but the Honda I don't think he's ever lost to a banshee I've never seen him go up against a full drag one but it wouldn't be too far off I don't believe the thing is just a screamer ... It's scary but it's not a drag bike it can be driven to  ridden anywhere.  The Tecate had a  K. Roberts drag  pipe... performs well but it looks f****** doofus to me.

Rob is now building him a custom reverse cylinder T-Rex  based Banshee with a dry clutch...I kind of think the dry clutch was a stupid idea but that's what they wanted to build not after ultimate speed he just wants something that nobody else has.

Anyways off topic the Roberts pipes to perform well but I've seen a lot of banshees with the Shearer's and they seem to perform quite well I have Toomey T5s on my 4 mil 380 sumphing.... It's pretty fast ...I think. I'd like to try a set of Shearer's just to see if it would help my bike out... But I'm told with my application and Desert/ MX  riding the T5s are the better choice for me... but I don't really need any more power it's making about 65-67 with a minus 1 swing arm... It's a handful 😬 I just can't get sucked into many drag races that big bore 380 ATC smokes my Banshee... He actually passes me  hard at the top of 3rd gear doing a big ass wheelie...it's hysterical

Edited by This old banshee