New build 421, mostly drags

Building a 421 Cheetah-Cub for 90% hilldrags, but some minor duning as well.

LOOKIN' for opinions and guidance on pipes...CPI or Shearers?...Please assist...as most of you, money is tight and would want to make a good educated decision the first time...Thanks to all of you for the help!!👍

2 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

If you have a couple years to wait and twice the budget those would likely be as good or better.

You know, Snipers don't seem to be that much more expensive than Shearers or CPIs...yeah, after tuning I'd have to chrome them, but if according to the charts I've seen they peak that much higher than CPI, and the construction is tig, shoot, they're worth it I think...

You know, Snipers don't seem to be that much more expensive than Shearers or CPIs...yeah, after tuning I'd have to chrome them, but if according to the charts I've seen they peak that much higher than CPI, and the construction is tig, shoot, they're worth it I think...

Used snipers are almost non existent and go for twice that of Shearers if you can find them. New the price is the same but you don't get chrome with sniper and the wait for Snipers is unknown. I know people that have been on the wait list for over a year and production is currently stopped. If you think you'll order a set and have them in a few weeks you'll be disappointed. On a side note, if you're going to have them chromed do it immediately. After the first time you start the bike with them the number of shops that will chrome them goes way down and the price way up.

I own all three sets of the pipes we're discussing. Every motor is different but Im very confident Shearers will make equivalent power up top to the Snipers although you'll loose a little down low. For a hillshooter CPI shouldn't be in the discussion imo.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Here’s my serval with a good comparison between the pipes. It’s ported by Redline Racing. Other builders will have differing numbers 

I will say this about the three pipes, the Shearer has by far the best clearance for filters at the stinger and having the chambers further up front your legs are not going to get burned.

That is a great piece of info man...thanks...I have been told by a few that the Shearers are the best for my application...im going to have my Cheetah-Cub cylinders ported by Tiger Racing in Jurupa Valley, California...he also recommended Shearers...thank you!