Banshee wont idle

Hey guys, I recently installed new keihin pwk 28's onto my banshee, and I cannot get it to idle with the chokes off. I have vforce4 reeds, t5s, stock air box with k&n filter, cool head, tors deleted. My pilots are at 45s right now and my elevation is about 800 feet and 50 f degrees.

Here is a video of what i'm talking about. Idles a little high with chokes then I turn them off, it revs high but wont idle down low, and it doesnt like throttle

https://youtu.be/u4AiCFLGwjY

I'm not super mechanically inclined so please be patient with me....

I had the same issue with my Banshee when I upgraded the carbs from stock to the Keihin pwk 28’. 

1st you need to remove the air box lid.

2nd: make sure just jetting is correct. Keihin main jet numbers run different than mikuni main jet numbers. I would say start with 150 mains and a 50 pilot with the air screw 1.5 turns out. 

3rd : you need to see if your carbs are synced. Remove the air filter and see if both slides are opening at the same time. If not make adjustments by turn the adjusters where the cables go into the top of the carbs. 

4th : make sure the TORS control unit is unplugged. Mounted on the frame under the left front part of the fuel tank.    

I hope this helps 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:15 PM, JerzOutlaw350 said:

I had the same issue with my Banshee when I upgraded the carbs from stock to the Keihin pwk 28’. 

1st you need to remove the air box lid.

2nd: make sure just jetting is correct. Keihin main jet numbers run different than mikuni main jet numbers. I would say start with 150 mains and a 50 pilot with the air screw 1.5 turns out. 

3rd : you need to see if your carbs are synced. Remove the air filter and see if both slides are opening at the same time. If not make adjustments by turn the adjusters where the cables go into the top of the carbs. 

4th : make sure the TORS control unit is unplugged. Mounted on the frame under the left front part of the fuel tank.    

I hope this helps 

Tors was removed by the PO and worked okay when the old carbs worked, the carbs are synced too. 

Why do I need to take the lid off? Thanks.