Clutch Adjustment Questions

I enjoy wrenching on my TRX and my banshee. I’ve owned the TRX since 1989 and know every square inch in the dark.  I never tooled on the banshee so I’m new to it..  I don’t mind getting back out there and taking it all apart but I feel like I’m throwing darts at a board.  I just put a brand new clutch cover gasket on when I take it all apart can I reuse it?

They can restick ( & if thats it , it might do it again after it sits again) changing the oil a couple times will usually help.
Yes use arrows, take all slack out of cable; so it'll open plates more for now; & see if it'll free up on a jack. Then re adjust when free

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 375hp banshees said:

You can reuse if it doesnt stick n doesnt rip, its a toss up tho, i edited og post did you inspect ball n rod, pancake?

No, I don’t know what it is I’m looking for...

There's a rod & ball between the clutch shaft ( shaft where the arrows are) and the pressure plate adjuster ( that you adjust internaly) that can weld together.

They make a pancake bearing that goes on the pressure plate where you adjust it, so it spins and won't allow it to weld.

ive never it happen and cant remember the symptoms off the top of my head. If you end up taken aback apart i'd lean the quad over and let those two fall out and make sure they're OK. I would think, if that is a symptom, somebody else would of mentioned it the earlier though...

If you go postal choot da honda!!

When he mentioned ball and pancake bearing, when you squeeze the clutch, is it hard like usually or since you changed the clutch became easy?
If it's easy to pull the clutch in, you might be missing some parts in there, like the ball between clutch rod and pressure plate.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It would be VERY easy, the only tention you'd feel is external shaft spring... i don't think he'd think that was normal... unless he thought he found God's gift to hands, with that new lever that you could pull with your pinky lol

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...