Clutch Adjustment Questions

• 3 months later...

Ok😀 awakening a dead animal here..😄

I never got around to getting the clutch looked at, so I dove into it last night myself.

Clutch fibers we sticking to the pressure plates pretty severely.  I took them all off and pried them all apart.  The fibers left a mark on the corresponding pressure plate.  I assume this condition is what made the clutch stall the motor out when trying to get it in gear?  The rod and ball are not fused together but have minor signs of wear.  

I am going to buy a new clutch kit, rod and ball.  Will this remedy the clutch stalling out the motor?  Is there anything else I should be looking for while it is apart?  Inner and outer basket brand new, absolutely no wear or grooves...

Edited by Big Mike NY

Interesting, I've had clutches "stuck" to the point that the only way I could separate them was to slide the plates apart but yours look as though the fibers had adhered into the surface of the steels. What oil and how long had the bike sat?   

I have zero clues

i tie my clutch lever to the handle bars to prevent plates sticking as I have to many toys and might not start/ride one for 9-12 months. 
I probaly causing clutch springs to become weak. I really don’t know. I do soak my clutch plates overnight in oil with space between then(not just stacked like pancakes) prior to installing in engine