Best port job for nearly stock banshee?

Porting, compression, and timing, the only thing to be really concerned about is the crank.  most people will have the crank welded so you dont have to worry about the added stress spreading it causing a failure.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ginger said:

Porting, compression, and timing, the only thing to be really concerned about is the crank.  most people will have the crank welded so you dont have to worry about the added stress spreading it causing a failure.  

Wish I would have known that before I guess ima tear down the bottom end and ship it out. 

5 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Woulda been best off sending complete engine to him. Unbox when finish, install, done. 

Yeah but all that extra labor for shit I can do we’re in quarantine so I got more time then ever. I have a buddy who is a pretty awesome welder and isn’t welding a crank just a couple tig  welds ? Ima see how simple it is and if not I’ll just ship it out I already got to removing the engine now it’s me and south Texas for the next hour or so haha 

8 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

By time you're done fixing things, doing it twice, you could of had cam build you a 4mm.   The questions you ask, tell us you're clueless.   

Your right I’m young and dumb but I gotta learn, we all start somewhere, that’s why I’m always thanking u guys this is my learning process 

if you want to save on labor, send the crank with the cylinders.  its more then just welding they make sure it is true, and hasnt separated at all and that the rod bearings are still good.  

Every time i have had a bottom end done, i sent the whole thing, that way it is pressure tested, and everything that may be worn or bent is replaced, Plus i just am not comfortable with the trans and think ill put it together wrong and have it stuck in a gear. 

I sent my cylinders to redline they got the package but I rember when I spoke on the phone with them they said that they’re really backed up right now since everyone is working on there stuff right now with the Rona going on with that being said not sure who’s doing the cylinders yet And my crank is being trued and welded by Kevin Herr since he’s closer to home. When cracking the cases I found that one of the plates In the clutch stack was showing a lot of wear so I ordered the driveline clutch kit my basket and inner hub had no signs of pitting everything else looked pretty good with my untrained eye haha but I also ordered a clymers just to go through it all since I’m already here. 

Edited by jason.perez