Stud broke off deep in case

I baught a stud remover tool and was trying to remove the stripped stud out of my banshee case that bolts my cylinders down and the stud broke off deep in cylinder its seized up pretty bad so I called a machine in town and they're not sure if they will be able to drill it out because it's aluminum how would I be able to get this out if my local machine shop can't do it.

Before you start drilling take a punch as close to the size of the stud, and smack it as Hard as you dare without messing up the cases, To jar the threads.
Drill in the center of stud (CENTER) And work your way up to the largest easy out size brill bit for that stud. drilling in the center (CENTER) each time.
At this point you have a couple options:
1- Try the easy out, do not break it (DONOT)
2- Let it soak with penetrating oil, Then see step one
3- Get Some freon and spray inside the hole to shrink the stud,
then see step one
4- If step 1-3 didn't work, continue to drill all the way to the bit, that is called for, for that size stud tap, Continue to step 5

5- Use a good hardened pick to spiral out what's left of the stud ( This will work a lot better if you drilled in the center... Very important? If you did good All you have to do is catch the beginning of the coil bend it out a little bit grab it with needle nose and pull.
Chase the threads
6- Continue to drill to proper size for heliocoil for that size stud, And insert heliocoil.
7- your fuqed buy new cases

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

Heat, oil, left hand bits and lots of patience. I'd call a couple more machine shops, if they can't get it out you might be sol.

The guy looked at his shop Said he can get It out then put a Helicoil in it if it messes the threads up. But he said he had a drill bit that will drill it out. Some people say helicoils dont work very well but I have them in my yz250 and never had a problem. 

13 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

Before you start drilling take a punch as close to the size of the stud, and smack it as Hard as you dare without messing up the cases, To jar the threads.
Drill in the center of stud (CENTER) And work your way up to the largest easy out size brill bit for that stud. drilling in the center (CENTER) each time.
At this point you have a couple options:
1- Try the easy out, do not break it (DONOT)
2- Let it soak with penetrating oil, Then see step one
3- Get Some freon and spray inside the hole to shrink the stud,
then see step one
4- If step 1-3 didn't work, continue to drill all the way to the bit, that is called for, for that size stud tap, Continue to step 5

5- Use a good hardened pick to spiral out what's left of the stud ( This will work a lot better if you drilled in the center... Very important? If you did good All you have to do is catch the beginning of the coil bend it out a little bit grab it with needle nose and pull.
Chase the threads
6- Continue to drill to proper size for heliocoil for that size stud, And insert heliocoil.
7- your fuqed buy new cases

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info the guy that works at the Machine Shop said that he has a drill bit that will drill away the whole stud and if it messes up the threads he will put a helicoil in it. I have a extra set of cases but not trying to use them on this banshee 

Edited by Tobynblevins
Typos
  • Like 1