Gasket material safe for gas

I made some intake gaskets to seal between the rubber boot and reeds. Used Fel-Pro 1/16” rubberized cork I think. I’m not sure what exactly the material is. I found it in my tool box It’s Fel-pro for sure. Anyone help me out. It passed the leak down at 8psi. Held for 3 hours. But I’m worried about the what gas might do. Should I order some different material to make new ones. Everything takes forever to order. Was 2 weeks waiting to get all my seals for the bottom end. I know I can get some gasket material down at the auto parts store in the AM. Here’s a pic of the material.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1465.jpg

9 hours ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Although, for intakes, I've used Manila file folders, beer boxes, and no gasket just yamabond.

Lol, I knew a guy who had a 600 Arctic Cat snowmobile that kept blowing head gaskets and one time he didn’t have a spare so he used a beer box and that was the last time he had to replace that gasket. 😄

• Like 2

Well I tore the intakes back off to put some other gasket material in there between the boots and reed cage. It was Fel-Pro rubber fiber that I know is ok for gas. Put it back together leaks like crazy. e479ec60b2d20fb690aeb9347a4091e4.jpg
Reed cages are flat and smooth. OEM intake boots from 2004. This just goes to show how Important a leak down test is. I would have never guessed in a million years how much these can leak after all new gaskets. I put a flat edge across the boot and it’s warped abit so it’s not sealing. Just bending Think it’s time for some new boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk