Squish didn’t change with smaller domes

yamaha04

Hey guys just getting my motor back together after many years tore down.    
 Here the details.  
stock stroke hotrods crank. 
65mm wiseco prolites

noss head.   
Noss domes from F.a.s.t 21cc and 20

adjustable timing Usually set to +4

T5’s 

so I measure my squish.   The proper way.   Solider parallel Of pin out to the edge. I got .0485 on both sides with the 21cc so I put the 20cc domes in and got about the same. .049  shouldn’t the squish change with different domes ?     I won’t know what compression is till I get my new clutch basket.  My ring end gap was .010 acrossed the board without touching the rings just right out of the box.   My goal is for a long lasting reliable motor.   I would like to run 93-94 octane.    That’s about the best I can get at the pump.   Might be able to get some airplane fuel aswell but haven’t locked that down yet.   

Ahh well.  They look identical. Bought At the same time from Jeff at fast so maybe your right.     If I take a flat edge across the dome and measure down is that accurate enough.    Guess it really doesnt matter tho.   from searching that is an ok squish so I should be able to use either set right ??  If I use the 20cc. Will I have to change timing.