Twist vs thumb throttle for jumping the banshee

Hello I am used to my wife’s Yamaha warrior and feel pretty safe jumping it with the thumb throttle. I just got a banshee with a twist throttle And noticed that the perch is cracked. Do you guys think a thumb throttle is better for Black diamond quad trails and track jumping. I noticed on the banshee And my fathers LTZ 400 that landing with the twist throttle is no fun. Just want your guys opinion I’m getting this thing ready 

I think thumb throttle is your safest bet just because you don’t run the risk of “whiskey throttling”. Anyone who grew up riding dirt bikes would maybe disagree though. I just know it took me a long time to get comfortable with a twist throttle when I started riding motorcycle and that’s without jumping or wheelies. 

32 minutes ago, sandman101 said:

I think thumb throttle is your safest bet just because you don’t run the risk of “whiskey throttling”. Anyone who grew up riding dirt bikes would maybe disagree though. I just know it took me a long time to get comfortable with a twist throttle when I started riding motorcycle and that’s without jumping or wheelies. 

I’m a dirtbike guy and recently got into quads because of wife and kids ...my thumb gets super tired ...but evertime I land a jump ...I almost always continue a Wheelie with a atv twist throttle ...if I land on back wheels ...I’m just worried about thumb tiredness ...I don’t notice on the warrior because I don’t ride it long ...but you feel like you have more control with the thumb throttle...idk any more opinions or a cool thumb throttles you guys suggest thnx 

1 hour ago, kawa110 said:

Buy a Honda throttle, chariot racing, or oem.
Looking to spend money get the urimosa )I think I spelled right)
I like the Honda throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just order a 400 EX thumb throttle ? Do any other adjustments need to be made with the swap

Edited by Doom400

Do I have to replace the old twist cable kit... My shop told me to get one, but I’m talking to the guy at the front desk  not the actual mechanic and I don’t really know if I need one ..: At work kind of tough to figure this out. Can someone please if they have the time just post a link to a cable kit and a billet or 400 eX thumb throttle thank you.  Oh and what the fuck is the torr system ... Do I need a kit to eliminate that ... or is this already done because I’m twist throttle  With all electrical not there 

Edited by Doom400

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BANSHEE CHAOS said:

Probably already gone. You’d notice the funky deals over each carburetor. I’m sure you’ve googled  the tors by now. ☠️

Yes thank you for replying ...they are off ...found the original things in a old box gave me ....I have both of my ATVs at the shop right now. Hopefully I can get them back without spending too much money