Clutch basket. Canada.

yamaha04

Need a new clutch basket.   I have about 6mm of play if I grab the gear by hand and turn it on he basket.  Related I have been chasing an odd knock.     I’ve been through the crank once.  Then replaced it.   Bored cylinders twice thinking it was piston slap. Or bad bore job.  Finally after years of the bike being tore apart because of a crank seal on the tranny side I now have some time to fix it  and have stubbled  acrossed the loose gear.    This has got to be it.   I can easily move the gear  by hand.   Anyway.  Did some searching. Apparently magnum makes a good affordable basket.    Does anyone know of some places in Canada to order this from.      Been out of the banshee game for probably 6 years.   The exchange rate is killing me.      Same with shipping.  Literally cost me 75$ Canadian to get 4 exhaust springs /orings.    And a pro design Oring kit for my cool head from RMATV because I couldn’t source one online in Canada and everything is closed now due to covid -19.  

Yes I do not mind the cost at all.  Big box stores like fortnine are asking upwards of 400$ Canadian for a name brand basket that guys are reviewing on here saying they are shit.      So chariot and redline in my eyes both have a great price point.     I emailed redline this morning about shipping options and cost.      Haven’t herd anything back yet.   Thinking I will email chariot now.     Does he/she frequent BHq like he use to back a few years ago still ??    Been so long out of the game.    Miss this place.   My boys are 8-5 and 4 so I gotta get the ol banshee back up and running so we can go as a family. 

Yes I do not mind the cost at all.  Big box stores like fortnine are asking upwards of 400$ Canadian for a name brand basket that guys are reviewing on here saying they are shit.      So chariot and redline in my eyes both have a great price point.     I emailed redline this morning about shipping options and cost.      Haven’t herd anything back yet.   Thinking I will email chariot now.     Does he/she frequent BHq like he use to back a few years ago still ??    Been so long out of the game.    Miss this place.   My boys are 8-5 and 4 so I gotta get the ol banshee back up and running so we can go as a family. 
You're telling us that Hinson clutch baskett are garbage??

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

maybe I used the wrong term.     I said guys are saying they are shit.    I am sorry.  What I should have said is.  I have been Searching and reading every post about billet baskets.      Everyone is raving about the Mattoon.  Redline. And chariot basket in no particular order.      Sheerider11 I think was saying the brass bushing in the Hinson baskets are soft and garbage.     Based on the 5 or so post and 20-30 comments within those posts.   Cost us Canadians 400$ to get a Hinson/Barnett basket from a big box store.    I just ordered a chariot basket  240$CAnadian with priority shipping 56$ Canadain.   And the total was 306$ or something  like that.  So. In my eyes I’m supporting a site sponsor.    And saving myself 100$ Compared to Hinson for a superior product based on user reviews.    Also.  I just got refunded 10$US for shipping jerry  said so thank you Chariot.   The kids will be happy Dad has his bike running to go for a ride since there isn’t anything else to do with this covid shit going one 

• Like 1