Quick help Castro 927 mixing with yamalube

Hello about to take the banshee out for the first time ....the banshee was sitting before I bought it(4 month old gas ) ...so I took a shop vac and sucked out most of the old gas (yamalube mix) and made a new mix of Castro 927 ....Now my conworkers are telling me never to mix 2 diff oils and I could blow the engine ....I sucked out most of the yamalube gas ... I know the shop vac is ghetto but it’s a trick I’ve done on 4 strokes with gas sitting in it too long and I’m lazy to drain it the right way.   Thanks any opinions will be appreciated I will drain the whole tank if I have to but I don’t want to

Edited by Doom400
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

If you didn't blow yourself up sucking fuel with a shop vac, you'll be fine mixing different brand oils.

Seriously, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Lol I was in a hurry and wanted most of the old gas out and had a shop vac with out a filter sitting there from earlier use ....so no issues with a little yamalube mixing wth castor 

Thanks guys I’ve been in a super rush to get this thing ride ready. I have a buddy that’s gonna let me ride on his ranch ,everywhere else is closed right now because of coronavirus as you guys are probably dealing with also. Thanks again I’m sure I’ll be bothering you guys soon with more banshee question. I won’t use the shop vac again LOL.... I think it may need a water pump seal so I’ll be keeping an eye on the coolant to see if it goes down and mixes with the transmission fluid

Edited by Doom400

Btw first time riding a banshee( except down the street)I’m pretty pumped ...been riding thumper dirtbikes for a decade or so ...this should be a experience with the shee ....(hopefully my gamble of this thing being fun is correct lol ) we will see ...bored on lunch ...hope you guys are still working or getting paid somehow with this corona going on 

Edited by Doom400

I can’t Believe you guys have never tried the vacuum technique. I’ve been doing it for years just not on sheees lol    All jokes aside you guys let me rest at ease I was worried I messed something up mixing the two types LOL

Edited by Doom400