Jetting/plug chop opinion.

13B-RX3

22 minutes ago, Stingray said:

If the soot ring isn’t growing I would guess it is lean in the mid range color wise I like the 162 plugs any chance you can lift the needle 1 notch (lower the clip) with the 162  then do a 20 min ride no more than 1/2 throttle. Please post pick of 20 min plug whole then chopped only need to chop 1 plug for this test. Do you have a laser thermometer after your run take a temp of the cylinders and one of the pipe on each side about 3 inches off the jug. Thanks

I can def do that!

Each line on the ruler is .5mm

No playing today. Got to the end of the driveway and she died. The battery was down to 8V. Found that the rectifier shit the bed. No suprise with 43 year old solid state components. Luckily the rest of the bike is in better shape! I can't trust any of the readings from yesterday so I'll have to see what the plugs look like after I get it charging again. I'll update everyone seen she's going again.026eb434cb0232ea8bb75dd671813893.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those carbs are junk, and your problem ain't goin away till they do. 
I don't know what kind of a curse you put on me, but it worked . Long story short, the slide broke and hung WOT! I'm looking at authentic pwk 28s, trying to find the best price. I wish they made a 30mm. To go to a 33 I have to change the boots and filters, I don't know if it needs that much carb though. Any thoughts, opinions, or input? Thanks in advance!3ea30a4a8c88c767fc707682bb2b1313.jpg

Got the 28s put on yesterday. Started with a 50 pilot and 162 main. What a difference! Everywhere from idle to 3/4 throttle is 100% better! 162 was too big so I dropped down to a 155. Much better, but it was still seemed a little rich. Here's the part that I can't figure out though. I was running a Y boot. It's a little rubber boot that they ran on the rd350. Goes to a single uni filter. After I put the 155mj in and rode it for a bit, then put a pair of uni pod filters on it. Immediately after rode it again, and now it's pig rich, won't rev past 6k and leaves a huge cloud. If anything I thought the pods would lean it out. I'm trying to make sure I didn't miss anything before I just start downjeting. I read through the jetting sticky and it seems like everyone is running 155-165. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison but I'm trying to be cautious. Any theories?