Thoughts on aftermarket adjustable timing plate???

Hey Guy, my cousin told me putting this 20$ adjustable timing cover on his banshee made a world of difference. Says it brought out a crazy amount of power. Do they really make that big of a difference? Are they reliable or are the just junk that's going to break? Or Should I put it on my list of parts to order?

Let me know your thoughts thanks

Yes they can make a lot of power beware of cast ones I had one come apart and destroy the stator. Now I run a billet one. Unless you run race fuel I would run 3 or 4 deg max 91 to 93 octane. If it back it down or run better fuel it will KILL an engine quickley. If you run race fuel I start at 6 deg and alky 10 or more depending on compression

14 hours ago, Stingray said:

Yes they can make a lot of power beware of cast ones I had one come apart and destroy the stator. Now I run a billet one. Unless you run race fuel I would run 3 or 4 deg max 91 to 93 octane. If it back it down or run better fuel it will KILL an engine quickley. If you run race fuel I start at 6 deg and alky 10 or more depending on compression

I have always ran rec fuel and valvoline 2 stroke oil at 32:1

I run race fuel 40 to 1 with 927 castor  10 deg advance cool head with 15 cc domes and 68.5 mm big bore Pistons. I do plug chop after every mod and show no pinging (aluminum transfer at base of plug).  If everything is sealed no leaks and jetted correctly you should be able to run 4 deg all day long. A plug chop will tell you everything you want to know about your timing and jetting.

12 minutes ago, Stingray said:

I run race fuel 40 to 1 with 927 castor  10 deg advance cool head with 15 cc domes and 68.5 mm big bore Pistons. I do plug chop after every mod and show no pinging (aluminum transfer at base of plug).  If everything is sealed no leaks and jetted correctly you should be able to run 4 deg all day long. A plug chop will tell you everything you want to know about your timing and jetting.

So I just ordered a timing cover. Is stock at 0 deg? 

Hey, can anyone with experience adding an adjustable timing plate tell me of the power gains are across the board, lo end or high end?
If it's across the board, is it bigger on the low end?

Thanks in advance

Mods;
Ported (unknown details)
Pwk-28 carbs
Trinity stage 4 pipes
Open airbox w/K&N filter
20cc domes on Pro Design Coolhead

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk