Jetting help after rebuild

Hey guys , looking to pick your brains a bit. I have a 98. T5 pipes . Pro design filter. Holes in air box lid. Stock carbs w 280 mains ,27.5 pilot about 2 turns on air screws . Middle needle position. Just rebuilt top end. Wiseco pro lite 65.25mm pistons. Cylinders were bored by a shop . He said he cleaned up and polished cylinder intake and exhaust ports . Pro design cool head w 22cc domes . Carbs are synced pretty good w out a tool .   32:1 mix w amsoil dominator on 91 ethanol free pump gas . I’m at 900 ft elevation . In New York State . About 40 -50 degrees now . Bike starts and runs pretty good. Seems like it could go a little faster on top end . Almost like it being held back a bit at wot. After a bit of riding plugs are pretty black. My thought were to maybe try a 260 main And adjust needle position 1 slot . It’s gonna get warmer here too. How does my set uP look ?? Help is very appreciated 

I had pretty much this exact setup but was running with the lid off, and ran great. I don’t think it would hurt to go down to 260 and see what she does. Def try to do a plug chop or at least pull them after first ride and see what they look like

Why dose everyone guess at jetting.  Do a plug chop and you will know what you need to do. 

Warm bike up on old plugs till hot

change plugs 

ride bike wide open like you are racing through all the gears clear to top  safe rpm

pull clutch and kill bike, keep clutch in till stopped do not idle 

cut threads off plug or slide a 3/4 hole saw over top of plug cut down till ceramic comes out easily 

measure soot ring with caliper 

2 mm perfect smaller lean larger rich 

E5CFA348-4FD3-423F-9F64-77118EE2174C.jpeg

Edited by Stingray