Can I add 6th gear back to a modded shift star?

I bought a banshee that I'm rebuilding and I noticed that the pin for sixth gear has been shaved/ground off of the shift star. Other than that it appears to be a completely stock shift star(its steel not billet and the lobes aren't rounded off). For some reason I didn't notice the shift star until now, so the cases are already together. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the shift drum and gears, but I didn't think to compare them to an OEM. From what I've found so far most override tranny mods have the channels in the drum machined wider in certain spots, and there wasn't any of that on my drum. I am able to turn the star with pliers and put in sixth, so that makes me think that its a stock drum, but I don't have any experience with tranny mods so I could be wrong. I'm wondering if it would be possible to weld a pin or drill and tap a hole or something to add the sixth gear pin back onto the star, or if it would be better to just buy a new one.