Fuel Suggestions !! Please help!

18 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

No advance.

Now squish and uccr tests.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Yup, I wanna know what the squish is and exactly what octane fuel you were using when it was backing plugs out. My guess is going to be poorly designed domes. I am assuming these are trinity domes, and that does not give me the warm fuzzies.

Yup, I wanna know what the squish is and exactly what octane fuel you were using when it was backing plugs out. My guess is going to be poorly designed domes. I am assuming these are trinity domes, and that does not give me the warm fuzzies.
Yes, trinity domes doesnt have a good rep.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

91 octane and yes it’s a trinity cool head with trinity domes. how do I perform the squish test with the engine on the bike ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve gone through a few trinity motors with that same set up. At 160 psi with porting, the actual compression ratio will be a bit on the high side for sure. So you will definitely need to give it race fuel to keep the plugs from backing out. A 9 range plug may also help. Verify your stroke for sure stock is 54mm, 4mil Stroker is 58mm. Don’t be close, be sure  

Also, if you’re doing a 2/1 carb on a motor that size, make sure to have an upgraded larger single petcock, gutted check ball on gas cap, and a billit bowl on the carb. 

As far as squish test, you tube some of the South Texas Banshee stuff. He has video how to’s. You can also Google a guy that used to run a blog for banshees and blasters called MacDizzy. He used to put a lot of detail out on how to do all of that. Base gaskets play a role in all of this. 

I’ve gone through a few trinity motors with that same set up. At 160 psi with porting, the actual compression ratio will be a bit on the high side for sure. So you will definitely need to give it race fuel to keep the plugs from backing out. A 9 range plug may also help. Verify your stroke for sure stock is 54mm, 4mil Stroker is 58mm. Don’t be close, be sure  
 Also, if you’re doing a 2/1 carb on a motor that size, make sure to have an upgraded larger single petcock, gutted check ball on gas cap, and a billit bowl on the carb. 
As far as squish test, you tube some of the South Texas Banshee stuff. He has video how to’s. You can also Google a guy that used to run a blog for banshees and blasters called MacDizzy. He used to put a lot of detail out on how to do all of that. Base gaskets play a role in all of this. 

Thank you for the info ! What do you mean by 9 range plug ? Do you have a part number you would recommend ? Also what fuel ratio / mix would you suggest trying ? I will look up the test and get that done soon !

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Dmac68 said:

Thank you for the info ! What do you mean by 9 range plug ? Do you have a part number you would recommend ? Also what fuel ratio / mix would you suggest trying ? I will look up the test and get that done soon !

32:1 Blendzall. If you don’t have Blendzall, find any other performance castor bean oil. Castor927 is a pretty good one. Mix with fresh 110. If you’re buying from the Sunoco gas pump, make sure it’s a place with high turnover so the fuel is fresh. 

9 range plug is just the heat range on plugs. Typically guys have an 8 heat range plug in them like B8es or BR8es. A 9 range plug is a cooler burning plug.