Paddle tires, gearing, Oregon

gusto

3 hours ago, pp13bnos said:

If your into drifting, trail riding and just general duning a 20x10x10, 9 paddle extreme will work much better than the V paddles.  But if you want to be doing the tree shots by the water, or drag racing I would suggest a 22x11x8, 8 or 9 paddle extreme.  Preferably a bead to bead buff (the tire is ground down to eliminate weight.)  But you're going to be spending some coin on them.  I don't know what your budget is, but if this is a one time dune trip, I would say go with a used set of 20x10x10s. 

For fronts your dirt tires will work. 

Gearing will have to do with what type of riding you'll be doing.   As long as your not running a ton of gear, it'll probably work. 

Awesome advice thanks. 
Curious to why a smaller rim, taller tire and less paddle makes a better tire for hill climbs or tree shots? Does I balloon more, or does the one less paddle make it easier to clear out sand?

20 hours ago, gusto said:

Awesome advice thanks. 
Curious to why a smaller rim, taller tire and less paddle makes a better tire for hill climbs or tree shots? Does I balloon more, or does the one less paddle make it easier to clear out sand?

Larger sized tire will have more surface area, and won't want to dig down too.  Since your a bit heavier than me, you probably could run more paddle and keep the front end down. I'm running a 22x11x8, 9 paddle on my 521, but thats in an attempt to keep the front end down.  

BTW, what size of swing arm are you running?  That'll play a large factor in the sand.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, SandSlingerOR said:

Just run stock gearing and 20" haulers. 8 or 9 paddle.. Dang if my shee was up and running I'd like to meet up with yah and ride. 

On 2/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, dano3 said:

the sedona paddles were junk on a stock cylinder bike with toomeys so they are going to be useless on a serval. I run the padla brats with my 421 serval and love them but i have never ridden skats on this setup to compare. 

Critique these for me. They look like extremes do t they?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/red-deer/douglas-racing-banshee-rims-and-stock-gold-rims-with-rubber/1489665423

Edited by gusto

9 hours ago, pp13bnos said:

Larger sized tire will have more surface area, and won't want to dig down too.  Since your a bit heavier than me, you probably could run more paddle and keep the front end down. I'm running a 22x11x8, 9 paddle on my 521, but thats in an attempt to keep the front end down.  

BTW, what size of swing arm are you running?  That'll play a large factor in the sand.

You guys I quoted have a look at that add I posted. Perfect, too much money?

On 3/11/2020 at 8:33 AM, SKEETER said:

I'd think 22-11-8. 8 paddles on a +4.  It wont be fun 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, gusto said:

You guys I quoted have a look at that add I posted. Perfect, too much money?

On a a +4 arm, it'll want to stand up a bit.  Can be alot of fun, if you like that lol.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:18 PM, SKEETER said:

I meant anymore paddle than the 8s on a 73 ro tire , wouldnt be fun. 

On 3/14/2020 at 8:22 AM, pp13bnos said:

On a a +4 arm, it'll want to stand up a bit.  Can be alot of fun, if you like that lol.

Ok I put an add out and I just picked up some extremes for a great price. I’m sure they’re extremes because of the paddle height. They only look about as high as a 20 in tire, on a 8 in Douglas and have 10 paddles. So I think me stock gearing will be perfect. Seem like a good pickup?