gusto

Paddle tires, gearing, Oregon

The wife and kids and I are looking to go down the west coast highway in October and I am strongly considering taking the Banshee. I have never been to any sand dunes and don’t know shit about sand tires or gearing. I would like to hit the usual spots in Oregon. I would love to find some used extremes but I mostly see sand stars and geckos (which I know are junk).
what’s the optimum tire for a 421 serval and a 250lb rider? What kind of front tire ? Size and gearing? 

You got FB?  Ask ryan bruhn. Hes got similar setup & weight I think.     I'm 90 mins from coast if you wana buy me a drink 

No quit FB a while ago. I’d you know him ask him for me. I’d appreciate it.

ive got a line on some Sedonas which I know are cheap but maybe good?

i drink IPA micro brews. 

Call cam at redline. Hes not busy, and will answer your questions correctly. Unlike us.

Just run stock gearing and 20" haulers. 8 or 9 paddle.. Dang if my shee was up and running I'd like to meet up with yah and ride. 

Edited by SandSlingerOR
  • Like 1

the sedona paddles were junk on a stock cylinder bike with toomeys so they are going to be useless on a serval. I run the padla brats with my 421 serval and love them but i have never ridden skats on this setup to compare. 

• Like 1

Need to find someone here that's got a good set of used paddles you can grab when in orygun.

• Like 1

I don't think a 20x10x10, 9 paddle will be enough tire.  Its not for my wifes stock cyl. 4mm, and I'm sure your serval is making a ton more power than it.

13 minutes ago, pp13bnos said:

I don't think a 20x10x10, 9 paddle will be enough tire.  Its not for my wifes stock cyl. 4mm, and I'm sure your serval is making a ton more power than it.

What tire and gearing do you suggest? Opinions on v paddles?

If your into drifting, trail riding and just general duning a 20x10x10, 9 paddle extreme will work much better than the V paddles.  But if you want to be doing the tree shots by the water, or drag racing I would suggest a 22x11x8, 8 or 9 paddle extreme.  Preferably a bead to bead buff (the tire is ground down to eliminate weight.)  But you're going to be spending some coin on them.  I don't know what your budget is, but if this is a one time dune trip, I would say go with a used set of 20x10x10s. 

For fronts your dirt tires will work. 

Gearing will have to do with what type of riding you'll be doing.   As long as your not running a ton of gear, it'll probably work.