Coolhead flex ???

Guest Vince27

Guest Vince27

Hi ! 

Someone had problem with coolhead flexion and make oring blow up ??

all stud have been torked at spec, new oring cylinder shaved to be straight  0.001" of différence between 2 dome (24cc) ....

oring blowup on load ...

my point is after years can the prestone make aluminium softer and can be flexing on load or make aluminium crack and make coolhead no more strong enoug to bold pressure ???

Guest Vince27

Yes perfect miled  ... Fresh done  too ... Cylinder and head done groove enough Space for oring expension too 

oring blow up at high rpm on load ....  

Was thinking coolhead  not strong enough to hold pressure ...

14/1  run on c16 ...

A couple of things could be the cause of your problem. You have to check the squish between the tops of your pistons and the coolhead domes. Your pistons could be slapping the domes. You might have to get a different set of domes or have to get a set of custom cut domes to make up the difference of your milled cylinders. You also my have to get a thicker cylinder base gasket. You timing could be advanced to much if it has a adjustable timing plate. 

Guest Vince27

yes We use viton oring the good one ! The groove have enough Space for the oring to expend ....

we check with a stait edge the head dome and a 0.001 of différence of the 2 dome ....can be this little différence could make oring burn ... 

I did some recherch find. Charriot head for DM and CHEETHA cylinder , they explain pretty much my problem ! 

Someone use those head ???   Charriot  Coolhead 

Guest Vince27

Squish Is good been Check twice ...

the timing have set back 12 degre to be sure he was not too much advence 

more it Go We thinking the cool head have hard Time to hold pressure ....

charriot talk about the bad conception of coolhead only one stud in Middle of the head and make the oring blow up !!

not sure about it ! But make sense !!!