Advice on New Banshee Build

BigFoiz

Hey there, new to the site and just starting a Banshee build.  I picked up a pretty stock 1996 Banshee, the same year I had when I was a kid.  I got a good deal on it, now have around $6-7k to spend making this thing awesome.  I'm going to strip it completely and start from the bottom, but this is the first time tackling anything like this for me.  I'm mainly a dune rider and I'm a big guy (245 lbs) so I want something that will get me around well and be a solid performer all around.  I'd like to achieve 90-100 hp and add some width and length over the stock dimensions for stability.  So I was curious what your suggestions would be for motor, transmission, clutch, suspension, and brakes primarily.  Then any other mods that you can think of that would be second-hand if I have some change left over after the items I've mentioned are covered.  Thanks in advance, really looking forward to posting some pics as the build progresses!

• 4 weeks later...

Do the A Arms, round house swing arm, shocks, brake lines, and any bushings/bearings. 

Order a 421 Serval or Cub top end. Cub is more wide open/drag, Serval is for play riding and the trail sections. Make sure to go over the entire low end. Bearings, clips, and clutch components.