Ideas on Upgrades

Casull454

Hello Everyone that is to care

I am new to the HQ and looking for some advice. I have been out of the 2 stroke scene for quite some time since my younger racing days and I am now getting back into because my 2 boys are starting into the game. I am quickly realizing that I have forgotten more than I remember about 2 strokes, plus this is my first banshee as I have always had dirt bikes in the past. I am also quickly realizing that there is so many things that can be done from back in the day.

I am looking to do some additional performance upgrades, possibly porting/ polishing (other possibilities are not out of the discussion), cool head, etc. and I am not sure of what I really need done to get the best bang for the buck.

I have sent emails and tried calling a few site sponsors looking for answers to my concerns/ questions, but have had no replies returned.

Who should I call that would talk to me as I have been waiting for about 4 days with no replies?

My set up is a 05 Special Edition- Elevation 860'- Compression is 120- Toomey T5's- Bore (unknown)- Ported (unknown)- Reeds (Not Sure of Brand) was told they were done- Stock Carbs with 280 Main, 27.5 Pilot (I looked personally)- CFM Air Box with K&N Pod Filters- I am running 93 with Klotz at 32:1

**Just bought/ received an adjustable timing plate and will be adding a adjustable timing plate in the next few days.

Additional Info: The other day the only response that I received in another general forum was from "Gusto". Maybe it is the newbie curse. The info was appreciated, which is why I am now looking for a shop to do the work.

Thanks in advance

Any help would be great.

• Like 1

I’ve been down that road.....

send in the engine for the work to a sponsor. Port cylinders, case port the cases to match cylinders, cool head with cut domes for the stroker crank.

internally, you’ll need a heavy duty clutch. It’s best to put on a billet clutch basket like a mattoon or chariot....but not entirely necessary. You won’t need a lockout.

have the roller detent mod and shift star mod completed which aids in shifting. If you have some extra money a pro mod transmission (you can read up on this) is worth the extra.

new seals and of course the 4 mil crank. Most people use HotRods cranks, they’re good.

you can keep the stock carbs BUT if you see a set of Keihin PWK 28s that would be my choice. I ran 72hp on stock carbs with no problem.

you can keep you T5s but if you want huge bottom end and tq buy SLP, if you want a good all around pipe I like Pro Circuit, if you want top end drag style get some Shearers or CPI.

if you can’t wait there’s a brand new 421 driveline set up in the for sale section.

1500-2

theres a member here (Builder) where owns west coast atv parts. You may get this set up used for a lot cheaper. He has quality stuff.

if I had 1500-2 I would weld stock crank, have the cylinders ported and spend the rest on +2+1 a arms and fox floats. You’ll be fast and stable

Here’s a couple of set ups. Some with your pipes. It will give you a rough idea of what to expect.

1500-2 should for sure get you there. As you can see a stock stroke stock cylinder can really rip when ported. 
the stock stroke driveline set up with t5s is 67hp without porting on the low port cylinder. 
moots of options. Talk to a builder 

Edited by gusto

If your gonna get port work done ? Just be prepared to wait !!!! Tis the season for it. So the shops get backed up... But the wait is worth it, for the quality of workmanship. If someone promises you a week or 2 turnaround ? I would be a little skeptical about using them..Just F.Y.I

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk