Bought a 05 SE Banshee.

Hello Everyone, 

I just recently joined the site here and this will be my 2nd banshee that I ever owned. I grew up riding 2 stroke dirt bikes and quads. Then in 1998 I purchased my first Banshee. I’ve been out of the atv seen for a while now. I’ve also noticed that the aftermarket parts and performance parts have really grew a lot. So I’m trying to get back into the sport with my son to keep him occupied from going down the wrong path. I picked him up a mint 04 LE Banshee that’s basically stock other than pipes and updated air filter system. 

Today I picked myself up a 05 SE Banshee according to the title. It’s going to need a bit of work. I’m not complaining about it because I like turning the wrench on my free time when I’m not busy at work. The gentleman I bought it from said his son purchased it brand new and rode it a few times before he died in a mva back in 2018. He told me his son started doing some work to it and then it just sat that way since then.

I basically bought a banshee that’s missing front and rear fenders, front bumper, seat, pipes and silencers, carbs and someone cut the wiring harness. So it looks like I’m going to be doing some shopping the next few weeks. So if anyone has any good recommendations on any of the missing parts that I need that would be greatly appreciated. I Will post pictures when it’s in better shape.

Thanks...

** And again please keep this site up and going it’s very helpful with a lot of useful  information. **

Hello Everyone, 
  I just recently joined the site here and this will be my 2nd banshee that I ever owned. I grew up riding 2 stroke dirt bikes and quads. Then in 1998 I purchased my first Banshee. I’ve been out of the atv seen for a while now. I’ve also noticed that the aftermarket parts and performance parts have really grew a lot. So I’m trying to get back into the sport with my son to keep him occupied from going down the wrong path. I picked him up a mint 04 LE Banshee that’s basically stock other than pipes and updated air filter system. 

Today I picked myself up a 05 SE Banshee according to the title. It’s going to need a bit of work. I’m not complaining about it because I like turning the wrench on my free time when I’m not busy at work. The gentleman I bought it from said his son purchased it brand new and rode it a few times before he died in a mva back in 2018. He told me his son started doing some work to it and then it just sat that way since then.
  I basically bought a banshee that’s missing front and rear fenders, front bumper, seat, pipes and silencers, carbs and someone cut the wiring harness. So it looks like I’m going to be doing some shopping the next few weeks. So if anyone has any good recommendations on any of the missing parts that I need that would be greatly appreciated. I Will post pictures when it’s in better shape.

Thanks...

** And again please keep this site up and going it’s very helpful with a lot of useful  information. **

I can solve your missing plastics problem. I have a few sets available if your interested. Their brand new OEM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok I have a update on this project. So I borrowed a motorcycle compression tester from a friend and did a test and it’s showing 140psi in both cylinders. I also did some research on a leak down tester and I made a run to the hardware store and a local auto parts store to make my own tester. My out come on my leak down test came out fine. It held 6 psi for 6+ minutes. I then sprayed around the top end and did have some foamy bubbles around the intake area . So should I try tightening it up more or just change the gaskets? I also took the wiring harness and for the time being I spliced the wires together and now it has spark. This morning I ordered a harness from the sponsor here on the site South Texas Banshee. From what I have read through in different post he sells good stuff.  

I went through the box of stuff that came with it and came across a small box that has a set of keihin carbs and throttle cable. I looked up the carbs and from the numbers stamped on them it says that they are 28mm pwk’s. So I’m going to take them apart and clean them up and get some new vent tube.  

As for pipes and silencers I’m going to remain open for suggestions. I have a stock setup left over from my son’s banshee that I’m going to put on for now. His banshee has T6’s on it and I’m looking for something different. We will be doing mainly dune riding. 

I just got in contact with alba racing and they gave me a awesome deal on a front bumper, rear grab bar and nerf bars through eBay. 

Thanks Duke 2 Stroke for the reply and as well as the offer. 

Gusto: I’m not looking to go beast mode on the banshee right now. Maybe later down the road. I’ll probably get my son’s and my banshee’s done at the same time. Thanks for the reply 

PaymentPlan: I’ll get in touch with you soon about the plastics. 

• Like 1

I got her up and running. I cleaned up the carbs and put them back together. It’s running on the rich side for now until I make my decision on what pipe set up  I’m going to put on her. I installed 2 new spark plugs, I flushed the coolant system and refilled it with engine ice and I also changed the trans oil and used Belray gear saver 80w. The clutch is working perfectly. I took the carbs and turned up the idle and let it sit and run for a few to see if it overheats and has any leaks. Nothing happened. Took it for a short spin and she rides and shifts perfect. Still needs a few odds and ends but that will be for later.