Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

Hey guys , new to this forum. Hope I’m doing this right. After yrs of wanting a banshee . Finally picked up a 1998 w T5 exhaust . I took a shot w this one because it was Cleaner than others .Previous owner tells me carbs neeed to be cleaned . Bike starts and idles. Only will rev up a bit . Will not go into power band. He said it sat for 6 months. . First thing I did was drain fuel w new ethanol free premium pump. Then checked plugs and air box . All looks good. I’m about to tackle the carbs next . Can you guys guide me into what Jets and settings I can run .. for winter time in Ny elevation is 385 ft . Has t5 exhaust on what  I believe is original motor. Tors delete on carbs already. Help is greatly appreciated... thanks . Owner also told me he did exhaust and did not change jetting. 

E7EE4D33-C597-4228-BEA9-C349E57EB2F0.jpeg

Hey man , thanks for quick reply. As far as I know it’s stock w the t5 exhaust. Who really knows for sure though.. I guess what I’m looking for right now is carb setting baseline where I can get this thing running pretty good for now. Figure 25 to 35 degree temps. So what would you recommend for that?

It will idle and revs up somewhat . Just gets to a point where it doesn’t scream or make any power. You can only ride it very slow and will not get into power band. I can shift through all gears but has no power. You guys think my next step is to clean and jet carb?  Or does it seem like something else?

I was running 32s on the pilot. And 150 main.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock jetting on a banshee is 25 pilot and a 200 main. No reason to go lower than that especially if you’re doing mods. Toomey recommends 280 mains, but they don’t say anything about the pilots. I have a stock motor with T5’s, k&n pods, and +2 timing and my banshee likes 310 mains with 25 pilots at 900ish ft above sea level. 60°f outside. 2d64b44caa145aa8d276fd72fb48162f.jpg1517859a82516207311dea063d21a9bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk