Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

Just now, trumanbuckley1 said:

I mean stock OEM Yamaha cyls. Not aftermarket stock bore/style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far as I know they are cast bore for stock OEM. 

They sell so many different types of cylinders on eBay anymore, for cheap. It’s hard telling what you have when you buy a used bike. 

• Like 1

Download Tapatalk on your phone to post pictures. Your pictures suck.

Stock cylinders are not nikasil coated.

WSM are not Wiseco. WSM started as a jetski aftermarket parts company. IDK about their banshee pistons, but their PWC pictons are pretty okay.

Does the bore look good? 120psi is fine for a stock banshee. It could be that the head damage is from before the topend was repaired. Buy an aftermarket head with 22cc small bore domes and run premium gasoline.

• 1 month later...

So after 1 1/2 months and at least a $1000 bucks . She’s up and running . Just wanted to thank the guys that helped me on forum. So new Wiseco 65.25 pistons , polished intake and exhaust ports  . New cool head , new clutch w billet basket , +4 timing plate . Pro design filter in stock air box. Carbs jetted w 280 main , 27.5 pilot. And a few other odds and ends . She rips pretty good . After the first set of plugs . I synced carbs . Now plugs a light brown color.  Running amsoil dominator 32:1. Do I need to do this plug chop thing ???

• Like 1