What's the biggest carb size you would go on stock banshee with DMC pipes

Tobynblevins

I  have a banshee its pretty much stock and I'm buying new keihin PWK 28mm or 30mm  carbs my banshee is bored the next size over I think the cylinder is ported for trail not sure tho I have dmc pipes and everything else is stock. Guy who sent me the cylinders did not tell me he ain't known what port job was on them before I ordered so I'm not sure what port it on them.. and this form wont let me upload pictures no matter how many times I cut the picture 

Edited by Tobynblevins

28’s would only be a marginal gain in power, but you will gain a bit of torque and have a much more responsive ride. You could step in to some 33’s, but they would be overkill for what you’ve got and you’d lose bottom end.  

What 30’s were you looking at? If they’re OKO’s jdont bother. 

2 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

28’s would only be a marginal gain in power, but you will gain a bit of torque and have a much more responsive ride. You could step in to some 33’s, but they would be overkill for what you’ve got and you’d lose bottom end.  

What 30’s were you looking at? If they’re OKO’s jdont bother. 

I already ordered keihin 28s I wont go past 30s.. I think no matter what mods 30s is enough.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, gusto said:

Put your money elsewhere and run the stock carbs. Will be no difference on your engine. Unless you actually need carbs, I’d keep the stock ones and put money into go fast parts

Definitely need carbs my stock ones are knock off so technically they not stock... I cant jet them they dont make jets for them that I need or can find.. they koso carbs 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, gusto said:

Put your money elsewhere and run the stock carbs. Will be no difference on your engine. Unless you actually need carbs, I’d keep the stock ones and put money into go fast parts

Not true. I f'd around with oem Mikuni 26s for years and could never get the jetting right, had problems with engine run-away whenever I splashed through a puddle, poor low end power and throttle response and a distinct lag when hitting the throttle hard.

Put Keihin Pwk-28 carbs in and it jetted easily, ran like like a new machine with consistent throttle response across the entire throttle range and no more lag waiting for the power band to hit. 

1 hour ago, muggzy said:

Not true. I f'd around with oem Mikuni 26s for years and could never get the jetting right, had problems with engine run-away whenever I splashed through a puddle, poor low end power and throttle response and a distinct lag when hitting the throttle hard.

Put Keihin Pwk-28 carbs in and it jetted easily, ran like like a new machine with consistent throttle response across the entire throttle range and no more lag waiting for the power band to hit. 

If water and jetting was issue on your stockers, that’s typically a sign that the slide guide/plug is leaking as well as the seal on the caps. 

• 2 weeks later...
If water and jetting was issue on your stockers, that’s typically a sign that the slide guide/plug is leaking as well as the seal on the caps. 

That's an interesting idea. If I still had the carbs, I'd pursue it. In spite of the rediculous number of posts I put on Bhq and other forums, this is the first I heard of that theory. It's certainly worth checking out. I can say for certain, that it wasn't the seal on the caps,but I never checked the slide Glide or plug on the carbs.

Despite the possibility that you're right, there aren't any plugs on the Keihins to leak. So if the problem was leaky plugs, problem solved anyway with a better airflow on the intake in the exchange.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1