Spark plugs backing out

Codyonkwaj

I’m having some problems with my spark plugs backing out. 10mil 465 cheetah cub on vp110 with 23cc domes 150comp, in both cylinders. Timing is advanced +5 with a dynatech timing adjuster thing. Shearer pipes. Jetting is 195 mains in 39mm carbs. Weird thing is that they only back out at the dunes at sea level. 1500ft above sea level where i live they’re fine. So idk what’s up. Any advice would help 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:27 PM, Keno said:

Also curious what +5 with a dynatek is? As it is a programmable that could be anything. Also +5 on a dynatek's "stock" curve is actually more than a stock cdi's +5.

I just meant my actual timing plate is at +5. I also have dynatech curve adjuster I guess is what you would call it. timing advances based on RPM. On curve 3 anything above 6k it’ll add an additional 3 degrees of timing. At least this is what I understand it does.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:11 AM, Codyonkwaj said:

No sorry, what I meant is, my timing plate is advanced +5. I also have the dynatech which advances timing based on rpm 

Exactly why I asked. That’s where your issue is. To much timing. Put the plate at 0 and let the Dyna do it’s thing. Or make sure the Dyna is programmed to accommodate the plate. 

On 11/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, Keno said:

Edit: New chart since it sounds like you are running curve 3. I guess my point is to get the programming cable so you can keep timing down low and pull back up top.

391b5749453d8bb86e59e9775c33b4c7.jpg

So I have some bad news. Was out testing it this weekend. Changed the mains to 220 and it seemed to run much better. Unfortunately, a bit of the porcelain part of the spark plug broke off and seized the motor up. Full pinned in 5th. Locked up. Just stopped running. Got it to free up after kicking it for a bit. (Shouldn’t have done that in hindsight) piston and dome are like very rough sandpaper. And the cylinder doesn’t look too hot either. Any ideas. Sorry about the poor quality. They won’t let me upload anything over 53kFE813D92-8808-4592-AD61-843FB6EA3A8D.jpeg.9e49f35b910e33d92ce590ecea2cb6c3.jpeg