Want Real Long Travel Not Paying LSR/Laeger!

WALZ

I picked up a yfz and was ready to do a conversion but then another damn banshee fell in my lap.  It's got too many trick parts to not use a banshee based frame.

If I found a Laeger frame/arms heck protrax of course I'd have to jump but I have only seen complete bikes in the last 12 months with too many parts I don't want to deal with.

How crazy/stupid is it to think about narrowing the frame at the A-arm mounts then doing something like +4 arms?  If you find a thread pertaining to this please forward.  Banshee frames are $225 all day and I'm tempted to give it a go unless it's just a poor idea that's been tried before.

• 4 weeks later...

We did one a while back. It was not a full one off set up though. The point was to see how well we could get the stock parts cut apart and just placed differently. We tweaked rake and a few other things. The bike handled like it was on rails, but to be honest it was a ton of work and even after it was done there were a few items that I wanted to refine. We had to go with yfz spindles and had to tweak steering stem angle and location twice after mock up. Once we had new arms made it sold, so I never got to fully sort it out. 

There is another thread by SNT on here and his was probably the nicest LT stock frame hybrid. He spent a bit more money on shocks and fab. 

I have been slowly getting after a new frame and ended up just going full Chromoly instead of just doing the front end. 

• Thanks 1

This is my current junk. Custom no link out back, banshee cradle, yfz geo up front so any YFZ parts can bolt up. It’ll be a full Ti front end from Rath. The only custom 450 parts will be the steering stem as no one makes stems for the YFZ tall enough to come up to the banshee tank height.
6aa5dfe92a44b6dbff67aeedbdddea22.jpg
40eb9f3ea05f84875100bb50318020eb.jpg
70bb88ac470cc9cc616645c6ba60b94d.jpg
518f354bdf07c2e9e784f07a7fc3c167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This is my current junk. Custom no link out back, banshee cradle, yfz geo up front so any YFZ parts can bolt up. It’ll be a full Ti front end from Rath. The only custom 450 parts will be the steering stem as no one makes stems for the YFZ tall enough to come up to the banshee tank height.
6aa5dfe92a44b6dbff67aeedbdddea22.jpg
40eb9f3ea05f84875100bb50318020eb.jpg
70bb88ac470cc9cc616645c6ba60b94d.jpg
518f354bdf07c2e9e784f07a7fc3c167.jpg

Sweet.