Air Filters

JG1

I've been staring at this dog bone I picked up a little while ago. Figured I'd go out back and install it today. I jacked the bike up, and slid a crate under the rear axle to hold the swingarm in place.

Should I remove anything off the bike before start pulling the bolts off the linkage? This particular bolt doesn't look that easy to access. Any tricks to doing this? Maybe I'm making it more difficult than it needs to be. 4168a4bb582abc2e3568b24230575b4e.jpgc71f0986ef40e94f1c5bc18aba6d07bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I jacked the bike up, and put a milk crate under the axle and slowly lowered the bike just until the axle touched the crate. I pulled the nut off the bolt on the upper link. I stopped there. I was trying to tap the bolt out of the linkage, but it's so tight that I'm envisioning the bike buckling at the swingarm pivot when I back the bolt out all the way.

22 hours ago, kawa110 said:

Support frame with rear wheels off ground, supports swingarm, Take the upper shock bolt off and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, pretty much how I had it? 

Upper shock bolt meaning the upper link? Or the actual upper shock bolt?

So, I haven't been able to run the bike yet. Looks like next week I'll be able to.

Not sure if this is normal, but when the bike has been sitting for a while, it takes quite a few kicks to start it?

When the bike has been running and its shut off, one kick will start it back up.

I was playing around with the light switch while the bike was running. The lights on the left side seem to work intermittently as I'm switching between low and high. The lights on the right aren't coming on at all.

Does that mean anything in particular?