Motor

Sifi

New to bansheehq. Bought my first banshee last october blew it my first ride out. And rebuilt it completely stock. Hotrods stock stroke crank and oem everything. I got t5’s on it vf4 reeds. Pro design coolhead 22cc domes. 2 in 1 carb. +4 timing. Mattoon lockout clutch with direct drive cover. I got sick of it i need something more powerful i was getting wrecked by ktm 450’s quads. So i tore my motor down. I wanna full build the motor now, want some ideas. I do all kinds of riding. Dunes, trials, hills, drag races. But mainly trials, so i wanna keep this trial friendly. Im going back to dual carbs also. Ima be buying a forged 4mil crank. I just wanna know wat the best top end would be for me. I want something reliable that wont over heat or blow from long rides. Ive read alot about the 421 serval 4mil build. Is that the way to go to get heavy power but keep it trial friendly?

New to bansheehq. Bought my first banshee last october blew it my first ride out. And rebuilt it completely stock. Hotrods stock stroke crank and oem everything. I got t5’s on it vf4 reeds. Pro design coolhead 22cc domes. 2 in 1 carb. +4 timing. Mattoon lockout clutch with direct drive cover. I got sick of it i need something more powerful i was getting wrecked by ktm 450’s quads. So i tore my motor down. I wanna full build the motor now, want some ideas. I do all kinds of riding. Dunes, trials, hills, drag races. But mainly trials, so i wanna keep this trial friendly. Im going back to dual carbs also. Ima be buying a forged 4mil crank. I just wanna know wat the best top end would be for me. I want something reliable that wont over heat or blow from long rides. Ive read alot about the 421 serval 4mil build. Is that the way to go to get heavy power but keep it trial friendly?

Get a temp gauge. A 4mm pump gas ported serval is great for trails and the other stuff mentioned. Make sure the motor has no air leaks, is jetted correctly and that motor will last a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, gusto said:

DriveLine or Serval 421. 28 mm carbs

Which would be better? Did some research everyones saying driveline is the cheaper route but moneys not an issue for me i just want my motor running strong and reliable. Why 28mm? I was reading people say they put 35mm pwk’s is that to much for trials?

Which would be better? Did some research everyones saying driveline is the cheaper route but moneys not an issue for me i just want my motor running strong and reliable. Why 28mm? I was reading people say they put 35mm pwk’s is that to much for trials?

Bigger carbs usually give less low end and more rop end.

It's about mpg too.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sifi said:

If you have the 35s already keep them. If not go with 28pwks and ass a Pingle. 421s are thirsty.

there is no difference in quality between The two cylinders. 

Its hard to beat the price/performance of the DriveLine stuff. I would contact them directly and have them build your engine. They have the porting figured out and if you go that route have them add the boost ports.

5 hours ago, gusto said:

If you have the 35s already keep them. If not go with 28pwks and ass a Pingle. 421s are thirsty.

there is no difference in quality between The two cylinders. 

Its hard to beat the price/performance of the DriveLine stuff. I would contact them directly and have them build your engine. They have the porting figured out and if you go that route have them add the boost ports.

Nah i was on a single carb setup im ditching it so ill buy 28mm i guess. And i plan on putting my engine together myself but ill give them a call for the top end setup.

1 hour ago, Sifi said:

Nah i was on a single carb setup im ditching it so ill buy 28mm i guess. And i plan on putting my engine together myself but ill give them a call for the top end setup.

I’d buy the DriveLine top end if I were you. Have them add boost ports, it’s easy hp.

t5s are good pipes for open riding, if you really want awesome tq and low end get SLP pipes and you’ll have a real nice trail bike

• Like 1